Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Living a life with purpose...

This past weekend I had the best time reconnecting with some of my sorority sisters in our old chapter house. Wow, did that bring back sooooo many awesome memories, I sure miss those days. With that in mind, I decided that I really wanted to bring Alpha Gamma Delta back into my life...all of what it stands for, why I joined, and what it means to truly be an Alpha Gam. What better way to do that than to live out the Purpose? I love the Alpha Gamma Delta saying "Live a life of a Puropse" and therefore I decided to actually try it out. You may wonder why I am posting this on my "Dear God" blog and the answer is simple - I realized that much of living out this purpose - is very much like living a Christian life! I decided that I would try to focus on a new line each few weeks or so. Starting with the first line of the Purpose, "To gain understanding that wisdom may be vouchsafed to me..." In other words, to acquire intelligence of what is right / acknowledge that wisdom is a gift and therefore should be respected and appreciated. Being smart is a good thing - luckily I am a teacher and love learning and value education - so this is an easy one for me!  In order to live out this line of the Purpose, I plan on learning on something new every day and sharing what I have learned with others. This could simply be a little tidbit or random fact, a new word, or maybe something more in depth like a new teaching strategy...but what better way to incorporate this with my "Dear God" blog but with learning something new from the Bible??? So, that's my plan...Stay tuned...a few things here and there as to what I have learned and taken with me...Thanks Alpha Gamma Delta and thanks to The Lord for supplying me with the idea and for being able to learn and gain so much more!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment