Monday, January 9, 2012

dang....that didn't go so well...

January 9th - so I'm behind. No excuses Steph...I need to do much better with this. However, in my defense I had an awesome weekend and honestly spent so much time with a great person that my mind was on other things...like enjoying my happiness...Still, though, no excuses...I should have taken the time to do this....Since I have a few days to catch up on, I will probably keep these somewhat short...

January 5th states: "Nothing on Earth compares to the strength God is willing to interject into the lives caught in the act of believing."

I feel like this is simple: Believe - truly believe - and see the good God will do in your life. I have seen the good He does in my life when I fully immersed in my time with the Lord. I have witnessed a positive change in my attitude, actions, thoughts, behaviors, etc. when I am fully conscious of prayer and God. So, why then do I always put this second? Why is it so hard for me to put this - prayer, devotion, church - to put it first on my to-do list...instead of, "if I get to it"?

I do think, however, that it takes a lot for people to recognize the good God has given us in our lives. So often do we shout out in prayer when we are in need, or angry. But God also gives us minute signs and "interjections" when we are not even looking. THAT's what we need to realize...

..."Please help me overcome my own unbelief, Lord, so I can start taking You at Your word. ...I pray that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which you have called me..."

I pray for you all that you also strive each day to simply believe

No comments:

Post a Comment