Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Still on schedule - in a HUGE way - January 4, 2012

Today was a rough day...it began as one of those mornings where everything just seemed to not go your way...and to top it off, once I got to work I realized I stepped in dog poop. Yay. The day continued to get worse and worse with feelings of sadness and worry with the major life changes that I soon will face. Throughout the day, however, I received many "pick-me-ups" from co-workers and friends. While I felt reassurance and some hope, the fears and sadness kept haunting me.

And then I read my devotional for the day.

My God is huge and my God is able. If I don't get what I ask Him for, I know I'll get something bigger.

Steph. Snap out of it. Trust in Him. So you had a bad day. We all do. Get over it.

I know that is much easier said than done and I know that what I realized by reading today's message has really nothing to do with what the message means...but...even just seeing, reading, hearing those words in my mind, a sense of calmness came over me.

I know God is huge. I know God is able of anything and everything. However, once again, I need to trust Him. I may not get what I ask for, but God knows my plan. And His plan is much better than I can even imagine; it's so much bigger than me.




....I'm really finding the good in doing these devotions. After a rough day, a sad day, reading this truly eases my mind. I'm considering doing them in the morning so I can hope / try to carry the message with me throughout the day. I love this sense of peace I have been gaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment